Donnerstag, 26. April 2012

3KCBWDAY4 - A Knitter or Crocheter For All Seasons?

Todays description:
As spring is in the air in the northern hemisphere and those in the southern hemisphere start setting their sights for the arrival of winter, a lot of crocheters and knitters find that their crafting changes along with their wardrobe. Have a look through your finished projects and explain the seasonality of your craft to your readers. Do you make warm woollens the whole year through in preparation for the colder months, or do you live somewhere that never feels the chill and so invest your time in beautiful homewares and delicate lace items. How does your local seasonal weather affect your craft?

I started to crochet in the summer and my first items were toilet paper hats.
Soon, I began to crochet beanies for myself and some friends. A scarf and mittens followed. I would say I was well prepared for the cold winter ;-) A bolero and two granny shrugs were finished in the winter and have been worn while it was cold.

Currently, I am busy finishing my cape and my “remaining skeins jacket”. Both are useful in the winter as well as on chilly summer nights. I would love to have my crochet dress ready in the summer but I haven’t even bought the wool.
It seems that I crochet small things like hats when I need them but also crochet bigger things to have them ready in the appropriate season.
I would love to crochet more for charity but want to finish my ongoing projects first. Take a look at the Poekie project. It is amazing how much energy this woman puts into the project while she takes care of her sick kid. As soon as my cape is finished I will start crocheting for Poekie, independent of all seasons.

Ich begann im Sommer zu häkeln und meine ersten Objekte waren Toilettenpapierhüte. Bald darauf entstanden Beanie-Mützen für mich und Freunde. Dazu kamen noch ein Schal und Pulswärmer. Im Herbst war ich gut vorbereitet für den anstehenden Winter. Ein Bolero und zwei Granny Shrugs sprangen mir ebenfalls von der Nadel und konnten im Winter getragen werden.
Zurzeit bin ich damit beschäftigt, mein Cape und die Reste-Jacke zum Ende zu bringen. Beide sind im Winter, aber auch an kühlen Sommerabenden nützlich. Ich würde gerne das Häkelkleid im Sommer fertig haben, aber bis jetzt habe ich noch nicht mal die Wolle gekauft.
Ich habe den Eindruck, dass ich kleine Dinge wie Mützen dann häkele, wenn man sie gebrauchen kann und größere Projekte so plane, dass sie dann fertig werden, wenn sie anschließend auch genutzt werden können.
Ich würde gerne mehr für wohltätige Zwecke häkeln. Schaut euch mal das Poekie-Projekt an. Ich finde es bewundernswert, wie viel Energie die Initiatorin für das projekt aufbringt, obwohl sie sich auch noch um ein krankes Kind kümmern muss. Sobald mein Cape fertig ist, werde ich für dieses Projekt zur Nadel greifen, unabhängig von den Jahreszeiten.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen