Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013

Button bracelet/ Knopfarmband

Last fall I met a tailor who was wearing a button bracelet. It looked really cool and I was allowed to take some pictures. She had used a piece of a stretch textile belt for the bracelet and sewed the buttons on. I started looking for such a belt but most of them were too wide or too colorful. In the end I found a simple black headband which was just perfect. I cut the headband in half and one half perfectly fits around my wrist. After sewing it together I started to arrange the buttons. I went for mother of pearl and country style metal buttons. It’s a nice eye catcher when you wear something simple or a nice addition for any hippie style.
Button bracelet front with big button and a little key
Vorderseite des Knopfarmbandes mit großen Knopf und einem Schlüssel

Button bracelet back with mother of pearl and country style buttons
Rückseite des Knopfarmbandes mit perlmutt- und Trachtenknöpfen

Vergangenen Herbst traf ich eine Schneiderin, die ein Knopfarmband trug. Es sah wirklich toll aus und ich durfte ihr Armband fotografieren. Sie hatte ein Stück Stretchgürtel für das Armband verwendet und die Knöpfe darauf genäht. Ich hielt die Augen offen, aber die Gürtel, die ich fand, waren entweder zu breit oder viel zu bunt. Am Ende fand ich ein Haarband, das die richtige Breite hatte. Ich schnitt es in zwei Stücke und nähte eine Hälfte wieder zusammen. Sie passt perfekt um mein Handgelenk. Anschließend begann ich, die Knöpfe auf dem Armband zu verteilen. Ich entschied mich für Perlmutt- und Trachtenknöpfe. Es ist ein schöner Hingucker, wenn man etwas Schlichtes trägt oder auch eine hübsche Ergänzung für den Hippie-Schick.

Greetings/ Liebe Grüße
Julia

1 Kommentar:

  1. My developer is trying to persuade me to move to .
    net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.

    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been
    using Movable-type on several websites for about a year and
    am worried about switching to another platform. I have heard excellent things about blogengine.
    net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it?

    Any help would be really appreciated!

    Also visit my website ... great tasting coffee

    AntwortenLöschen